timing

• FireFighterRon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Aug 2008 08:50 #232463 by FireFighterRon
timing was created by FireFighterRon
i have a 1983 KZ 1100 A3 shaft bike.. i need to know how to time the thing as i had to replace the cam sproked cuz it was cracked....

now i never done this befor so can i get some step by step would help me alot and get this bike back on the road....

thanks for all the help guys

Instructions for riding a KZ1100 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch, put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5)VERY IMPORTANT!!HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin and an evil smile resembling the"Joker"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2008 13:31 #232509 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic timing
FireFighterRon wrote:

i have a 1983 KZ 1100 A3 shaft bike.. i need to know how to time the thing as i had to replace the cam sproked cuz it was cracked....

now i never done this befor so can i get some step by step would help me alot and get this bike back on the road....

thanks for all the help guys

I think you need a service manual. A picture is worth a thousand words and it takes several pictures to show how to do camshaft alignment.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
17 Aug 2008 14:41 #232526 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic timing
www.bad-pc-company.com/Kawasaki-KZ1100-Service-Manual.rar

Open with Winrar or some other application...

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• FireFighterRon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
18 Aug 2008 13:23 #232718 by FireFighterRon
Replied by FireFighterRon on topic timing
thanks for the manual..lol but i have the same one on cd i bought from EB a year ago for 20 $.. ware were u then..lol... ok but for real where or what page does it show or tell me how to redo the timing ? i need to know how to get it back together right after changing the sproket

Instructions for riding a KZ1100 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch, put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5)VERY IMPORTANT!!HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin and an evil smile resembling the"Joker"