stuck cylinder barrel

• KaZooCruiser
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 Jul 2008 10:56 #225559 by KaZooCruiser
stuck cylinder barrel was created by KaZooCruiser
This is a generic question. This is an excellent forum, where people actually respond because Stein made it a working resource base. Thanks Stein.

I'm going to search the archives in the meantime, but maybe somewhere around here someone can tell me how to get a two-cylinder barrel off the case.

I've already succeeded in breaking two fins. :lol:

It's a 1970 or '71 Honda CB-350.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jul 2008 13:09 #225586 by coppertales
Replied by coppertales on topic stuck cylinder barrel
I had a CB350....gee, that was a long time ago. I never did anything to it except tune it up. Anyway, on the Kaw 4 cylinder bikes, there is a slot just behind the extreme left and right forward stud between the case and cylinders where a screwdriver can be used to gently pry the cylinders to separate them from the case. You will have a real adventure removing the old gasket and sealer.....chris3

1982 KZ1100 A2
1982 1100 SPECTRE
1982 1100 SPECTRE

More
11 Jul 2008 22:17 #225664 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic stuck cylinder barrel
Remove the head nuts and start the engine :P

• KaZooCruiser
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
12 Jul 2008 05:16 #225675 by KaZooCruiser
Replied by KaZooCruiser on topic stuck cylinder barrel
Thanks for the responses . . . got it off last night.

No pry points, and, if the motor hadn't been locked up due to moisture intrusion because the carbs were off and water got into it . . . well, maybe that might have worked to pop it loose . . . since I got the pistons loose.

Motor out of frame, head off, motor flipped over, wood 3 foot 2x4 against exhaust side center and 24 oz hammer smacks persuaded the thing to give up its' stubborn tenacity to hold onto a non-working existance.

Next step in this adventure is finding if pistons from a 400cc anything will work.