rejetting after pods?

• firebird380hp
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Jul 2008 18:00 #224759 by firebird380hp
rejetting after pods? was created by firebird380hp
I have read on here if you change from the stock air box to pods you have to rejet the carbs? I think they are stock jets how do I know what size to change too? Or is there a average overall?

Thxs Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jul 2008 19:12 - 08 Jul 2008 19:15 #225008 by Saki Jockey
Replied by Saki Jockey on topic rejetting after pods?
Check out www.dynojet.com/jetkits/index.aspx

This'll get you close (stage 3, I believe I see a 4 into 1 header in your avatar) but you'll still have to dial it in. Going this route is a real commitment, especially for a bike that won't run worth a crap in the rain.

Rob A.
550 A4
GTA,
Ontario, Canada
Last edit: 08 Jul 2008 19:15 by Saki Jockey.

More
08 Jul 2008 20:43 #225035 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic rejetting after pods?
Never had a problem with my pods in the rain and I've been through some wicked downpours.
But anyway, back to the question at hand....
What kind of bike are you talking about? What size carbs? For my 77 kz650b1 with the stock vm24 carbs running emgo pods and a MAC 4-1 w/ no baffle I was running 17.5 pilot jets and 117.5 mains with my needle jets clipped at the #4 slot. This set up gave me a one kick start every time and perfect plug chops in every range. You'll get better and more specific answers if you specify what kind of bike and specific set up you're running.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

More
08 Jul 2008 22:16 - 08 Jul 2008 22:19 #225067 by katjbus
Replied by katjbus on topic rejetting after pods?
Depends on your elevation and the jets and how rich and lean you are currently running, jetting is a change and ride and check kinda deal each bike will be a bit diifferent. never had a problem with my pods in the rain, but in a heavy cross wind down the freeway i noticed a little but not enough too be concerned about. If you are going to run a gauze style like a k&n the breath awsome when wet and you really should suck much water because where they are located kinda a dead zone for air flow and your legs kinda protect them
Last edit: 08 Jul 2008 22:19 by katjbus.