Clutch Push Rod stuck?

More
05 Jul 2008 11:42 - 05 Jul 2008 18:48 #224250 by dfcm2003
Clutch Push Rod stuck? was created by dfcm2003
Ok,

Can someone tell me if the clutch push rod will move by hand? The manual shows the clutch rod going through the clutch and pushed against a ball and a mushroom push rod.

From what I can tell from the clutch cover, when the cable is pulled it pushed in on the rod and then it disengages the clutch.

The problem is that I can not push in on the push rod at all. and I have even tried to tap on it with a hammer thinking maybe something is stuck. But it will not push in. I can slide it completely out of the engine and back in but it just doesn't seem to engage, unless its super easy and it is engaging. But I really doubt that is happening.

This is on a 79 C3 kz650 engine. I also have a 81 H1 kz650 engine as well, and its the same way. So is something wrong? Do I need to take off the other side and see if the mushroom pushrod is stuck?

Thanks to all who have helped me this last week, on the engines and now this. I could not of done this with out the help of you guys.

Daryl
Last edit: 05 Jul 2008 18:48 by dfcm2003.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2008 04:31 #224350 by 76 LTD
Replied by 76 LTD on topic Clutch Push Rod stuck?
you shouldnt be able to push it with your fingers the clutch springs are to strong.if the bike has been sitting for a while the clutch plates could be stuck together.if this is the case you can just ride it around the yard with the lever pulled in and they should free up.

More
06 Jul 2008 10:47 #224433 by dfcm2003
Replied by dfcm2003 on topic Clutch Push Rod stuck?
I have not bike just the motor, Do you think I need to open it up, or are there another way to get this unstuck?

More
07 Jul 2008 05:45 #224592 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Clutch Push Rod stuck?
It's probably not stuck at all. Like 76 LTD said you cant push it in by hand and I would'nt advise hitting it with a hammer. Apart from the fact that you could damage it you might not even notice it moving in and then back out under the pressure from the clutch springs. Best way is to get a clutch lever and cable and try it that way. Why go to all the bother of opening the clutch side when there's a good chance you dont have to ?

:)

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
07 Jul 2008 07:19 #224614 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Clutch Push Rod stuck?
if you can pull it out, it's not stuck.
if you can push it in, i'm not ever going to mess with you.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
07 Jul 2008 12:27 #224681 by dfcm2003
Replied by dfcm2003 on topic Clutch Push Rod stuck?
lol thanks guys. Ill rig me up a cable and try that method first. lol

thanks again
Daryl