Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

clutch swap 06 Feb 2006 07:54 #21876

• CTSZ1
  • CTSZ1's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a 76 903 cc motor that has a bad clutch. I have a good clutch with lots of adjustment left in a 74 903cc engine. Is there any problem with just swapping the two? Should I swap only the discs or should I swap the whole clutch assembly (pressure plate, fiber and steel discs, springs, etc)?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

clutch swap 06 Feb 2006 11:10 #21910

• wireman
  • Visitor
take the best parts of the two and make one good one,if you cant buy a new set:whistle: what are you doing with the other motor?

clutch swap 06 Feb 2006 14:56 #21959

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
There should be no major problems with mixing and matching the two to get 1 good clutch. There might be a washer and bearing collar behind the hub which is different but parts are still interchangeable.

Post edited by: RomSpaceKnight, at: 2006/02/06 19:53

clutch swap 06 Feb 2006 16:49 #21993

• CTSZ1
  • User
Thanks for the info. As far as the other engine goes, it has almost 82,000 miles on it and hasn't been rebuilt, according to the one and only owner before me. It was still running but was down on compression (100 to 120) and using a fair amount of oil. My intentions are to re-build it someday. For now I'll let it collect dust and scavage a good clutch from it. I've heard they don't make these motors anymore. ;)

Thanks again

clutch swap 06 Feb 2006 16:52 #21996

• CTSZ1
  • User
Sorry, hit the wrong button.

Thanks for the info. As far as the other engine goes, it has almost 82,000 miles on it and hasn't been rebuilt, according to the one and only owner before me. It was still running but was down on compression (100 to 120) and using a fair amount of oil. My intentions are to re-build it someday. For now I'll let it collect dust and scavage a good clutch from it. I've heard they don't make these motors anymore. ;)

Thanks again

Post edited by: CTSZ1, at: 2006/02/06 19:57

clutch swap 06 Feb 2006 23:18 #22074

• wireman
  • Visitor
thats just a rumor started by those twits at kawasaki trying to sell ZX14s,i have it from a good source whos name i cant mention(witness relocation program,or something like that!)that tells me apejay has a crew of elves working around the clock cranking them out in any configuration you can imagine!you didnt hear that from me though!:whistle:

• Page: