Learnin the hardway and im pissed !!! Welded clutch pusher/pushrod. . .wtf ???

• Chopperdaddy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 Jun 2008 16:13 #217717 by Chopperdaddy
Well not being familar with kz's i asked around and the general consenus was pipe, filter, jets, 530 chain conversion but where the heck is the information on this rollerized clutch pusher ??? I guess i was the guinnea pig ?? Did i miss it on here somewhere where everyone was saying make sure and upgrade so it dont weld together ???

I changed the jets last night and started up this morning and headed to work knowing(okay secretly hoping!!!) that i nailed it and all my running issues were gone and that i would make it the 12 hiway miles to work without any problems b/c you better not be late to work and my truck is outta gas and the trailer is loaned out !!!

It ripped outta the stable and pulled like my dragbike !!! I was off on a guick pass and never let off for about 3 miles then i backed it back down to about 90mph and went with it up to the stoplight that is about 3/4 of the way to work when i let off the gas let it come down and pull in the clutch down shift to 4th go about 200 ft and go to pull in the clutch again and its sloppy, no way my cable just broke ??? So i pull over check the cable and decide its fine and i got an internal problem, and im gonna have to go with it. Start it in nuetral jam it into first and go.

Anyways i spent both breaks, my hour lunch and the last two hours (we are slow) trying to beat the ball out of the right side. Everything was stuck like hell but i finally got the side cover off the left where the long pushrod was welded to the mechanisme the cable is hooked to but part of the ball was partially welded to the long pushrod and it wont come thru. . . bend it up trying to drive the ball out cut it off and try driving it back thru. . . its hopeless.

So i called R & D which builds awesome drag bike trans in florida to ask if im really going to have to pull the engine, and split it to put a new input shaft and he says most likely if you have spent that much time trying . . . and he proceeds to say when they built them at an old dealer he worked at way back when. . . they put pipes, filters, jets and rollerized clutch pusher and he thought everyone knew that he said . . .

So whats up ???

Into all things fast. . . Drag boats, bikes and cars . .. sucker for 50\'s thru 70\'s style also

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2008 17:02 #217726 by APE Jay

kzzone.com/clutches.html

It is a good idea to check out kzzone.com at least once a day to keep up to date on all this stuff.B)

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.