Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ 400 clutch problems 05 Feb 2006 15:58 #21727

• Scooterbob
  • Scooterbob's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Got my dead cylinder problem fixed and thanks to those that helped. Now I have a a cluthc problem that i thought might clear its self up with a little run time since the bike has been sitting for so long but to no avail. When I pull the clucth lever it pulls VERY HARD and a very short distance. I do not have a chain on the bike yet but I am willing to bet it is not engaging. I have had the basket out and all the disc's apart one by one and put back in one by one in the order my manual says. all the disc's look to be ok and there is no blueing on the steel disc's or the springs so I am lead to believe that all of that stuff is ok but there is definitely something wrong. Any idea's? Thanks a bunch in advance, Scott.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

KZ 400 clutch problems 05 Feb 2006 16:49 #21734

• hydrolazer
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
have you checked the cable under the cover for any fraying that may be causing it to bind up???
\'79 kaw 1000 ltd

KZ 400 clutch problems 05 Feb 2006 18:09 #21749

• Scooterbob
  • Scooterbob's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Its a new cable and I did check under the cover on the left side as well. I am at a total loss why it might be doing this might have to replace disks and springs and try that ... not sure

• Page: