the large one fell on me

More
28 May 2008 21:29 #216523 by camostriker
the large one fell on me was created by camostriker
i was working on the clutch, trying to make the sprockets spin, and the kickstand undid itself. needless to say my bike threw me into a wall, then fell into me. work is killing my garage time, and i need to find someone to get my baby workin. does anyone know of a place near Philly, PA that works on these old gals?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2008 22:26 #216532 by violentvintagecycles
Replied by violentvintagecycles on topic the large one fell on me
Im from South Jersey, about an hour from you. Dealers cant get the parts for these things. Theres a local small piney shop that would try, but they want an $185 deposit right off the bat for the bikes age. His reasoning was stuck bolts, stripped, etc. Guess i cant blame him. Thing is, I went to him for a part for a 82 honda i have, he looked it up on the computer and found it but i had found it cheaper on Bike bandit. He got another call while it was up on the computer and he went to the back to tell the mechanic something and i peered around at his computer. he was on the same site I had found it on. His price was also EXACTLY a 50% mark up. If you need parts, your limited to what we can get thru ebay, z1, etc, youll have to bring them the parts, then they get all cranky when you do that and tell you they wont guarantee the work because they dont supply the parts. But you might find someone who will do it like that. If its just labor, try the dealer. But i would try to diagnose it here first, see what you need. Whats wrong with it?

More
29 May 2008 11:57 #216610 by camostriker
Replied by camostriker on topic the large one fell on me
the clutch is giving me hell. i replaced the cable with a kz900 cable(only one i could find). the clutch basket is not spinning when the bike is in gear. even when the kickstart is used the basket still does not move. when it did start up, my problem centered around the bike stopping once i put it into gear. now that i have the clutch changed out, the bike won't start. it is a mess of a problem.