Help Needed with Oil Cooler Options - Where and What to Get?

More
28 May 2008 15:58 - 28 May 2008 16:02 #216471 by Ilbikes
Hi fellas,

I am new here and certainly new to work on the Kawi 900's. I've looked through several pages of your board's archives and have not yet found what options are available in coolers, which is best/preferred, and where to get them.

My preference would be to get something motorcycle specific, to get one that has the threaded fittings for a sure fit, and to get one that provides the best hose routing available. I don't need to debate whether I need one - I have decided I want one, so now it's on to getting one providing the best of performance, looks, and fit. Something period-correct would be a even better.

Can one of you post photos of how/where the lines route back to the engine, please? I have a set of the adapters coming and I am familiar with those, just not how the lines get from the cooler to the block.

I want this to be a stock look - all black hoses and fittings, no drilling (I'll use rubber down-tube clamps) and want it to fit nicely above the exhaust - like the factory would have done. I installed one on my little Honda Z-Killer and it does a nice job of keeping the oil below 200 degrees - even after hard rides. I do not plan on any output modifications to the KZ900, so nothing like this automotive cooler conversion is necessary.

I thank you in advance for your help and input.

Regards,
Gordon
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 May 2008 16:02 by Ilbikes. Reason: Add photo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.