Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Titanium retainers 05 Feb 2006 07:50 #21618

• Snakebyte
  • Snakebyte's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok I know that titanium is strong and lightweight but how streetable is it? Can you run these every day?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Titanium retainers 05 Feb 2006 08:21 #21626

• wireman
  • Visitor
really good stuff!they also make titanium intake and exhuast valves for racing,titanium intake valves are ok for a street bike but use stainless exhuast valves if you think you really want to spend the money.theres a lot of other things these motors could use before you get to that point!goodluck,happy wrenching!:whistle:

Titanium retainers 06 Feb 2006 02:22 #21823

• Snakebyte
  • Snakebyte's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I was wondering because I want to build a 750 gpz engine with at least 100Hp that I can ride daily.
Thank you.

Titanium retainers 06 Feb 2006 05:55 #21838

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
The titanium is a tad lighter than steel so you should be able to get a few more rpm out of your valve train if you beef up and lighten the other stuff. Problem is, the power characteristics of the engine/carbs/pipes may not benefit from more rpms as the power band may be lower so the titanium will be in essence, a bit of gee-gaw. In other words, you might have been better off spending your money elsewhere. I would call APE racing and chat with them. If you are like the rest of us, you probably have a limited budget and talking with experts is probably the best way to maximize your funds. There are folks here who are into high performance who can better answer than I... but that is what I would do.
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Titanium retainers 06 Feb 2006 07:16 #21863

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
83-85 GPz750 is rated at 85 hp stock, to get to 100 (or a little more) hp simply install a Wiseco 810 kit and mill the head .025" to .030", lap the valves (grind if needed), tune it up and run premium fuel, and a 4 into one exhaust.
KD9JUR

• Page: