Anyone know a good mechanic in Seattle

More
18 May 2008 20:00 #214463 by BLSSeattle
Anyone know a good mechanic in Seattle was created by BLSSeattle
Hi all. I need to give in and have someone look into my KZ1300 (1979). I hate to do it but I can't keep it running. It runs good for about 10 minutes and then it bogs and backfires and quits on me. I checked out the fuel supply and it seems fine. I may just need to clean the carbs real good (it sat for a year). Any suggestions on who might be a good mechanic? Seems many folks won't work on older bikes. Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2008 23:25 #214487 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Anyone know a good mechanic in Seattle
Go to PNWRiders.com and look up a member named bubba zanetti or zenetti or something like that. He is good.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
19 May 2008 10:02 #214547 by neo02blue
Replied by neo02blue on topic Anyone know a good mechanic in Seattle
Have you checked Craig's list in your area. I have seen a number of motorcycle mechanics in my area advertising services.

More
19 May 2008 11:44 #214578 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic Anyone know a good mechanic in Seattle
Have you tried running the bike w/the gas cap not latched? If the vent hole in the gas cap is plugged, they you can get a vacume lock, in the tank, which prevents the gas from draining into the carbs.

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

More
19 May 2008 20:51 #214648 by BLSSeattle
Replied by BLSSeattle on topic Anyone know a good mechanic in Seattle
I've tried running it for short spurts that way but I'll try riding it that way next. Thanks. I just want to get on the road... NOW!! Know what I mean?