Online microfiche

More
07 May 2008 09:13 #211779 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Online microfiche
JMKZHI wrote:

And Jeff Saunders there at Z1 has that cool British accent. :P JMK.

Yeah, he actually does sound pretty damn smart:lol: :lol:

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 May 2008 10:13 - 07 May 2008 10:21 #211794 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Online microfiche
Mcdroid wrote:

JMKZHI wrote:

And Jeff Saunders there at Z1 has that cool British accent. :P JMK.

Yeah, he actually does sound pretty damn smart:lol: :lol:

Now his head is going to get even bigger! :laugh:

My statement about Z1 being cheaper than Ron Ayers on OEM parts was based on price matching the two (and others).
I compare prices on everything before I purchase, then enter service into the equation, on OEM parts Z1 has won on both counts.
Some aftermarket parts are cheaper elsewhere, like Accel coils, Z1 is not an Accel dealer so his prices are higher, I'm sure there are many other aftermarket parts the same way. Even the big parts distributors (Tucker Rocky, Drag Specialties, Parts Unlimited) don't carry all aftermarket parts, although Parts Unlimited probably comes closest. Seems like every parts manufacturer's dream is to get picked up by Parts Unlimited.

As far as I know, Kawasaki don't give a quantity discount to anyone, even Parts Unlimited (probably why they don't carry OEM lines), although obviously shipping is going to cost less per piece if you order a whole container load at one time. But I'm unaware of anyone buying OEM parts in that quantity.

If there's any way to buy parts cheaper than the way I do it (and I try to get new OEM parts on eBay, took me a year to get a set of rings, but I saved $70), then I'm really interested in hearing about it.

KD9JUR
Last edit: 07 May 2008 10:21 by steell.

More
07 May 2008 11:03 #211801 by po boy
Replied by po boy on topic Online microfiche
I shop around a lot too. Somehow, I'd never run across Z1 until I got the KZ to ride for myself. They actually came up as one of the first responses when I googled NGK spark plug caps.

I work on a lot of bikes and a ton of ATV's on the side at my house (been a tech at Suz,Kaw,Polaris, Victory, and Yamaha dealers), but it's very rare for me to work on something as old as my KZ. I spend thousands of dollars online every year ordering parts, and truly hope to find another source for cheap parts on the net. That's not so I can mark them up, it's so I can get more customers by having cheaper parts. I make my money on the labor.

That said, MR Cycles and Ron Ayers have never let me down. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars with R.A., and have never had one single problem.

Didn't know the guy at Z1's name, but he was more than helpful and knowledgable I found and would gladly do business with him again as long as the price is right. Heck, I'll even over look price in some intances if the service is impeccable.

They're all better than my local stealerships, and the one local independent shop I used to favor is now run by some meth-headed asshole whose marked everything up astronomically to pay for his habit.

Resourses like this site and others are invaluable to me.

1980 KZ750E1
2002 Hayabusa

More
07 May 2008 11:05 #211802 by po boy
Replied by po boy on topic Online microfiche
JMKZHI wrote:

The Kawasaki.com parts diagrams have part number supersession & cross-reference info.

All the different sites I go to will list the superceeded numbers after you punch in the old one.

1980 KZ750E1
2002 Hayabusa