strange noise

More
05 May 2008 18:48 #211448 by ricerocket
strange noise was created by ricerocket
Hey all havin soings have hme trouble. I have a 1978 Kz1000,a few things have happened. my clutch skips when i take off and i have adjusted it all the way so i know that needs replacing. And at idle i have a noise it does not get loude when i rev it or fater but its there. And my starter seems to be lagging installed new battery same thing. Now recently i have installed a dyna coils and ignition. WHich i know draws more power. And for the noise i remember reading something about starter gears sticking or something like that
Any suggestions on the noise. Any help or thoughts on any experiences would be great.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 May 2008 19:53 #211465 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic strange noise
ricerocket wrote:

Hey all havin soings have hme trouble. I have a 1978 Kz1000,a few things have happened. my clutch skips when i take off and i have adjusted it all the way so i know that needs replacing. And at idle i have a noise it does not get loude when i rev it or fater but its there. And my starter seems to be lagging installed new battery same thing. Now recently i have installed a dyna coils and ignition. WHich i know draws more power. And for the noise i remember reading something about starter gears sticking or something like that
Any suggestions on the noise. Any help or thoughts on any experiences would be great.

If not already done, would adjust clutch push-rod and cam chain tension. :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
05 May 2008 20:11 #211470 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic strange noise
Well as far as the lagging starter goes...have you had it apart to inspect it?
It could be that the brushes are worn,and/or maybe it just needs a good cleaning.It's probably got a lot of carbon dust inside.
But I would if I were you,just so you know...pull it out and pull it apart and clean it up real good.
Also,check your connections,and the battery cables,where they too,connect,and make sure they have a nice clean connection.Take some fine sandpaper to the ends.
All connections HAVE to be clean...NO CORROSION!

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
06 May 2008 07:39 #211543 by ricerocket
Replied by ricerocket on topic strange noise
I have all ready adjusted clutch pushrod its allmost all they way in not much room for anything. I have ot taken the starter out but thats my next task. Ordered new clutch. I adjusted the cam chain tensioner. The noise is like a revolving noise but its a vibrating kind of sound and when i turn the throttle it speeds up a little but does not get any louder.and it seem loudest on the inside part of the motor by the starter area. I will video it and post it on you tube today. Put the link on later.