Valve cover gasket

More
05 May 2008 12:23 - 05 May 2008 12:23 #211376 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Valve cover gasket
Gosling1 wrote:

She's good like that, two weeks ago I bought a new fuel filter and plugs to put in my truck(03 Silverado), I went in the house to get my grungy roll around on the floor pants on, and when I came out the garage was open, hood up, and she was already underneeth the truck pulling the old fuel filter off. She even skipped watching her NASCAR race to do that. ANd I have never seen her miss a race. I guess what I am trying to say is thank all of you for bringing my family together by answering my overly basic question.

Brandon

At my age, my sexual fantasies are like what you just wrote.... my wife hopes my bike will blow up, but I sometimes quietly remind her I have known my bike two years longer than I've known her.....

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 05 May 2008 12:23 by bountyhunter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2008 03:38 #211521 by oldude
Replied by oldude on topic Valve cover gasket
I also need to fix my oil leaks in this area...was going to order the valve cover gasket & the end caps just to have everything I could need...Z1 shows both "temporarily out of stock"...any suggestions on another source ?...thanks...

More
06 May 2008 11:48 - 06 May 2008 12:03 #211585 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Valve cover gasket
oldude wrote:

I also need to fix my oil leaks in this area...was going to order the valve cover gasket & the end caps just to have everything I could need...Z1 shows both "temporarily out of stock"...any suggestions on another source ?...thanks...

Old Bike Barn

babbittsonline.com

bikebandit

fleabay

You can also make a good valve cover gasket with the 1/32 gasket material they sell at Pep Boys. You need an X-acto knife and some patience, but they work well. Use the valve cover itself to draw the outside edge outline. Use the old gasket to draw the inner edge and holes.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 06 May 2008 12:03 by bountyhunter.

More
06 May 2008 14:09 #211606 by modz1r
Replied by modz1r on topic Valve cover gasket
Gosling1 wrote:

She's good like that, two weeks ago I bought a new fuel filter and plugs to put in my truck(03 Silverado), I went in the house to get my grungy roll around on the floor pants on, and when I came out the garage was open, hood up, and she was already underneeth the truck pulling the old fuel filter off. She even skipped watching her NASCAR race to do that. ANd I have never seen her miss a race. I guess what I am trying to say is thank all of you for bringing my family together by answering my overly basic question.

Brandon

lucky man.

if she ever gets tired of living in the USA send her over.

:)

More
06 May 2008 16:44 #211630 by oldude
Replied by oldude on topic Valve cover gasket
Thanks for the info bountyhunter...I'll check them out...I have made gaskets like you describe before...another possibility...thanks again

More
06 May 2008 18:32 #211655 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Valve cover gasket
mariozappa wrote:

Mine doesn't come out!

Mine comes out and helps,AND...brings me beers!:ohmy:
(She's guilty of SOMETHING!):huh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

• Gosling1
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Whats behind you is not important
More
07 May 2008 09:14 - 07 May 2008 09:15 #211780 by Gosling1
Replied by Gosling1 on topic Valve cover gasket
modz1r wrote:

Gosling1 wrote:

Brandon

lucky man.

if she ever gets tired of living in the USA send her over.

:)

I'll try and keep that in mind. I need to have her there to help me with my scout first. :evil: :evil: Plus, I don't drink so the whole beer thing is out of the question. Although she has never been afraid of holding a carb open on a car while trying to suck a fire of life back into the engine.

1983 KZ1100A Shaftee box stock.
A herd of Bultacos to play in the dirt with. Arvada, Colorado
Kick it in the guts Berry
Last edit: 07 May 2008 09:15 by Gosling1.