KZ200 1st time poster

More
24 Apr 2008 10:45 - 24 Apr 2008 17:48 #208742 by kvanek
KZ200 1st time poster was created by kvanek
Hello all

I picked up a 1978 kZ200 today. Real nice bike i just dont know much about them. I would love to talk to a guru that has one of these.

My questions

1) I see 2 drain plugs under the bike. The 1 toward the center of the engine is the engine oil drain but the other one that is kinda close to the shifter is confusing me. I did not pull it because i could not find a fill for it.
What is it???

2)When i pulled the side cover off that exposes the chain to the starter a bunch of oil drained out. Is the generator supposed to get oil around it?
The oil in there does not seem like it shares the engine oil because i went ahead and poured a quart of oil in the engine fill hole to see if it would drain out the side cover and it did not.
OK tonight i ran bike with gererator side cover off and it was spittin a little oil out.

3)Engine has a knock in it. I cant quite figure out where its coming from I played with the tensioner tonight but realy dont know how tight to make it. My bike does not have acces to the chain so i played with the adjustment screw while engine was running. Its got lots of travel. As i turned it in the engine would slow down. I dont know what the heck i am doing.

4) My VIN is KZ200A-016300 What can be told about this?

BTW i did buy a manual off ebay today for it.

Thanks
Last edit: 24 Apr 2008 17:48 by kvanek. Reason: learned some new info tonight

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2008 12:42 #208766 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic KZ200 1st time poster
Welcome to the best site for Kawasaki riders! I have learned so much from this site and I am sure you will as well.

You can go to my profile and add your bike info to your posts, and download a pic for your signature as well if you would like.

Sorry I am unfamiliar with your particular bike, but I am sure much help is on the way.

Post often.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.