• JanTaliban
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Z750 LTD Twin -83
More
24 Apr 2008 03:45 #208660 by JanTaliban
Exhaust Z750 LTD Twin -83 was created by JanTaliban
Hi!

Do anyone have a suggestion of at good aftermarket exhaust for a LTD Z750 Twin -83? It's stock exept the mufflers, straight thru slash cut, quite loud. Iv'e heard about Kerker, Vance & Hines and I saw that Supertrapp have universal megaphones that maybe would fit. Thanks in advance.

Sincerley/Jan

KZ 750 Twin -83

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2008 09:30 #208721 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Exhaust Z750 LTD Twin -83
For replacement mufflers, Dunstall Decibel Replicas are pretty popular, for replacement exhaust systems, Mac is the only option I have found, and I have been searching for three years :(

KD9JUR

More
24 Apr 2008 09:38 #208722 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Exhaust Z750 LTD Twin -83
There were some others made way back when, I had one. It's a "no name" Kerker clone 2-1 that was sold through JC Whitney back in the 80's. Very good power performance, but too loud for my ears and it never fit right (blocked the oil drain plug and interfered with the center stand).

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
24 Apr 2008 14:46 #208801 by securitygeek
Replied by securitygeek on topic Exhaust Z750 LTD Twin -83
I had the MAC two-two exhaust that was too loud for my taste. I went to a local HD shop and got two Sportster take-off mufflers plus a couple of extra exhaust pieces that fit in the mufflers. The HD shop had a swap meet and I got the 4 pieces for $5 each ($20 total). I used the extra pieces to make adapters from the old MAC head pipes to the slightly larger inlet to the muffler and welded them on. My welding sux and the head pipes are bluing, so it is getting wrapped with black header wrap from head to muffler clamp. Don't have a picture of it yet but will get some up soon. It is much better, nice sound and a much more reasonable volume.