Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 28 Jan 2006 17:45 #20282

• reborn650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey 2WT - You gonna gussett the frame on the back half to the engine cradle to give it some extra strength? What is the swingarm from? Your project is looking pretty good so far and I like the tank cutouts. What color scheme you planning 'cause the bare metal looks pretty trick.

I just picked up an extra tank and bodywork set to swap with my current look. The extra set I am going to match to the stock '77 Custom paint to make my tweaked 650/810 into a real sleeper with the factory look when I go out hunting for a little......competition.

Cheers-Colin Firth Ontario Canada
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 28 Jan 2006 17:55 #20287

• twowheeledterror
  • twowheeledterror's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
reborn650 wrote:

Hey 2WT - You gonna gussett the frame on the back half to the engine cradle to give it some extra strength? What is the swingarm from? Your project is looking pretty good so far and I like the tank cutouts. What color scheme you planning 'cause the bare metal looks pretty trick.

I just picked up an extra tank and bodywork set to swap with my current look. The extra set I am going to match to the stock '77 Custom paint to make my tweaked 650/810 into a real sleeper with the factory look when I go out hunting for a little......competition.

Cheers-Colin Firth Ontario Canada

Sounds awesome :)

The front of the subframe where it mounts to the engine carrier is a really strong weld. This is a one person bike, so I only need it to hold me. It can, as of right now, hold me, another person and then a bunch of smacks to the back of the subframe with a BFH without any problem. Plus, it doesn't hold all my weight... the footpegs will get some :)

The paint scheme was gonna be flat black, but I keep jumping betweek that and a really nice metallic silver color for the tank. The frame will get powdercoated black or red, and the wheels will be polished.

I was gonna build a sleeper, but then decided not to. Might as well make it look like a killer! :) haha

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 29 Jan 2006 06:12 #20357

• svt522
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I was also bidding on it! It got to expensive for me...especially when you can buy the Wiseco K810 kit for $345 on-line. I know that doesn't include machine work. That MTC kit also has a 12.5 to 1 compression ratio...might by a little high for pump gas. The owner said it ran 9.90s at 135 mph on the quarter mile with additional engine mods. Congrats on your winning bid!

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 29 Jan 2006 08:33 #20380

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
svt522 wrote:

I was also bidding on it! It got to expensive for me...especially when you can buy the Wiseco K810 kit for $345 on-line. I know that doesn't include machine work. That MTC kit also has a 12.5 to 1 compression ratio...might by a little high for pump gas. The owner said it ran 9.90s at 135 mph on the quarter mile with additional engine mods. Congrats on your winning bid!

12.5:1 as is with those gaskets. one thicker gasket can easily take care of that. :)

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 29 Jan 2006 09:54 #20393

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
A spacer (or thick gasket) between the cylinder block and case will do the job.

Are the sleeves stepped down to fit into the case?
Is that a 650 or a 750 cylider block?
KD9JUR

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 29 Jan 2006 10:03 #20399

• svt522
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
The guy that sold it e-mailed me that it started life as a 750 block.

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 29 Jan 2006 21:01 #20459

• xstreamcanadian
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
is that custom work on your tank or did you buy it like that, if so where? I saw a BSA replica tank for sale in the UK similar to that one.

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 30 Jan 2006 05:00 #20486

• twowheeledterror
  • Visitor
xstreamcanadian wrote:

is that custom work on your tank or did you buy it like that, if so where? I saw a BSA replica tank for sale in the UK similar to that one.

All custom. If you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself. :)

Proud owner of a KZ780 big bore kit! :) 31 Jan 2006 03:49 #20687

• Snakebyte
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
SO YOUR THE ONE WHO OUT BID ME!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!
:sick:
:) Well I guess I'll have that:blink:
Good luck B) Congrates:)

Post edited by: Snakebyte, at: 2006/01/31 06:55

• Page: