Supercharger pressure?

More
03 Mar 2008 01:24 #198083 by nads.com
Replied by nads.com on topic Supercharger pressure?
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

Go buy a book on the subject...

Motorcycle Turbocharging, Supercharging, & Nitrous Oxide by Joe Haile will give you a base education on turbos and superchargers. You can pick this up on ebay or Amazon for about $15.00

Generally you don't want to use a supercharger on the street - they are very harsh on drivetrain components.

If it aint hard it aint right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2008 14:00 #198180 by zippy
Replied by zippy on topic Supercharger pressure?
6-8 psi manifold pressure should be fine on premium pump gas with stock compression ratio piston setup. How are you driving the blower ?? Off crank with belt or through clutch ?? What brand blower ? Was this a kit ?What kind of carbs do you have or intend to use ? Give me more info and I might be able to help as I have ridden a blower Kaw 1500 on the street for years and used to build them.

Post edited by: zippy, at: 2008/03/03 17:01

More
03 Mar 2008 15:11 #198194 by fastestz1
Replied by fastestz1 on topic Supercharger pressure?
i have not been online in a loong time,lot's of new names here,hey zippy any pics of that blown kawi? whats it run like?

More
03 Mar 2008 21:32 #198265 by zippy
Replied by zippy on topic Supercharger pressure?
I've been gone from this site for a while too as my puter got a virus and I lost all my bookmarks. I had posted a whole bunch of photos about 5 months ago. I'll try to find the link or repost them. I've been restoring a 1978 blown Kawi 1500 Z1R that I had in storage for many years. I finished the project over the winter and will be shooting the final paint job within the next month.I'll also shoot new pictures then.

Zippy