Camshaft ID

More
13 Jan 2008 16:11 #189095 by KraZee
Camshaft ID was created by KraZee
This is kinda crazy. I'm having valve/piston clearance problems on a KZ1000. The serial numbers on the block were ground off when I bought the bike, but the cylinder has 1.015L embossed on it. The camshafts appear to be aftermarket. The left end of the shafts have CM and Z2 stamped on them. The shafts have CWC and EP14 forged on them between the speedo gear and the chain drive bosses. The base line circle of the camshaft lobe is 1.1 inch and the intake lobe is very close to 1.5 inch. The service manual states the intake camshaft height is 1.429 inch. Does anyone have any idea what brand these cams are? Could they be stock and the oversize valves are hitting the Wiseco 1075 pistons?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2008 18:21 #189130 by modprod
Replied by modprod on topic Camshaft ID
They sound like a pair of old Cam Motion Z2 cams. A bolt-in .385" lift on a 1.110" base circle. I would suspect your cam timing first.

More
13 Jan 2008 18:34 #189134 by KraZee
Replied by KraZee on topic Camshaft ID
Thank you for your reply Mod. This engine has a set of APE adjustable cam gears on it. I cannot find the build sheet that came with the bike from Schnitz. It had the recommended timing events on it. I suspect that I better find that sheet before I proceed. Again, TY for your advice/identification.