exhaust help

More
13 Jan 2008 05:29 #188972 by kz750ohio
exhaust help was created by kz750ohio
I new to Kawasaki. The last bike I had was a honda 30 years ago. I picked up a kz750 as a winter project from a guy at work. It has been sitting since 93 so it needs lots of love. I bought a repair book and downloaded the factory off the net. The motor turns freely. I have started to break it down to replace the gaskets, lap the valves, cylinder deglazing and all that fun. The question I have is the exhaust. The header pipes on this bike have a lot of rust. I want to replace the exhaust but not sure about these brands because of being out of the scene for so long. I looked up on the net and found a MAC 4 in 2 system and a 4 in 1. What's your thoughts on MAC. The next is a V & H but have read several reviews of problems with the newer production sets. Any ides would be appreciated. I know I will need to rejet the carbs but that is a long way off.

cheers

1982 kawasaki kz750 with mikuni carbs bs34, stock everything else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2008 06:20 #188974 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic exhaust help
Welcome kz750ohio, Check out this thread which was the same question your asking. It will pretty much answer your questions. ;)

Which exhaust?

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
13 Jan 2008 06:33 #188976 by JR
Replied by JR on topic exhaust help
I have a black Mac 4->1 which was on the bike when I bought it 4 years ago so no idea of the total age. Works fine and sounds good. The muffler end is solid as a rock. the header had a bit of rust when I bought it. A once over on the header pipes with a wire brush and a coat of barbecue paint works for me and I do this every spring. Never had to paint the muffler end.
Dont have to remove to change to oil and it does'nt interfere with the side stand or centre stand.

Since you asked about Mac and the other thread did'nt mention the brand I just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth :) :)

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
15 Jan 2008 16:44 #189476 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic exhaust help
kz750ohio wrote:

I looked up on the net and found a MAC 4 in 2 system and a 4 in 1. What's your thoughts on MAC.

One of my forum buddies on another Kawi site says MAC stands for:

Make
Another
Choice

I bought a used MAC 2-1 for my 750 and it leaks at the joints and is not great. I paid $50 for it and that's about what it's worth.

For a nice bike, I'd buy something better. me and my old bike have both seen the back side of the better part of life at this late day....

1979 KZ-750 Twin