1978 ticking sound

More
10 Jan 2008 19:30 #188645 by cableman30
1978 ticking sound was created by cableman30
thanks everyone, it was exhaust leak that was ticking, now that i think about it gor worse last oil change, yeah i have to remove the header to change the filter, anyway, i pulled it off tonite, those little copper gaskets are in terrrible shape, i couldnt buy any tonite, so i reinstalled and retightned, and i barely can hear the tick now, it used to tick really bad at a idle, i think if replace those copper gaskets it will be completely gone. whatda think????
thanks Ben

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2008 21:23 #188673 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic 1978 ticking sound
that will fix it good.

when you change your oil run rotella diesle oil. ;)

cableman30 wrote:

thanks everyone, it was exhaust leak that was ticking, now that i think about it gor worse last oil change, yeah i have to remove the header to change the filter, anyway, i pulled it off tonite, those little copper gaskets are in terrrible shape, i couldnt buy any tonite, so i reinstalled and retightned, and i barely can hear the tick now, it used to tick really bad at a idle, i think if replace those copper gaskets it will be completely gone. whatda think????
thanks Ben

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
11 Jan 2008 17:57 #188773 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic 1978 ticking sound
I just got this tip for reusing the exhaust gaskets:
"Take a propane torch and heat them up RED HOT. Then put them in a bucket of ICE COLD water. They pop back into shape. It's worked for me many times."

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

More
11 Jan 2008 18:04 #188777 by 76 LTD
Replied by 76 LTD on topic 1978 ticking sound
Another tip(dont laugh it works)wrap the copper O ring in good high qulity aluminum foil and reinstall.