Stainless megaphone ???

More
21 Dec 2007 15:40 #185985 by hannah1
Stainless megaphone ??? was created by hannah1
I bought a KZ550 off ebay last winter . It came with a real nice polished stainless header , but a crappy , cobbed-on aluminum cannister muffler . I think that the header is most likely something from Europe , the bike was imported from Germany . Anyway , I would like to have a megaphone muffler . Any suggestions ? Any fabricators out there ? Anybody know if Aircone supplies materials for this ? I can't seem to find a website for them . Any help appreciated .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Dec 2007 18:34 #186001 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Stainless megaphone ???
hannah1 wrote:

I bought a KZ550 off ebay last winter . It came with a real nice polished stainless header , but a crappy , cobbed-on aluminum cannister muffler . I think that the header is most likely something from Europe , the bike was imported from Germany . Anyway , I would like to have a megaphone muffler . Any suggestions ? Any fabricators out there ? Anybody know if Aircone supplies materials for this ? I can't seem to find a website for them . Any help appreciated .

Welcome aboard, hannah1! :) We're glad you're here! :cheer:

What diameter cannister is required to fit onto the header? Hangers are usually easy enough to fabricate. :)

Google Aircone exhaust results in several links. ;)

Post edited by: Patton, at: 2007/12/21 21:40

Post edited by: Patton, at: 2007/12/21 21:40

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
23 Dec 2007 02:21 #186119 by JimatMilkyWay
Replied by JimatMilkyWay on topic Stainless megaphone ???
hannah1 wrote:

I bought a KZ550 off ebay last winter . It came with a real nice polished stainless header....

Hi hannah1. Like Patton said, welcome.
I trust you can tell the difference between polished stainless and chrome, right??
The guy I bought my scooter from was all fired up over the "chrome" rear wheel, which I took one look at and said, _NOT_ chrome, but aluminum alloy. He never new it was anything other than chrome.

More
23 Dec 2007 08:18 #186142 by hannah1
Replied by hannah1 on topic Stainless megaphone ???
Pic of header section...................still workin' on the pic

Post edited by: hannah1, at: 2007/12/23 11:33
Attachments:

More
23 Dec 2007 08:36 #186144 by hannah1

Post edited by: hannah1, at: 2007/12/23 11:38

More
23 Dec 2007 08:49 #186149 by Patton
hannah1 wrote:

Pic of header section...................still workin' on the pic....

Below the message box is a line "Select Image file to attach", a blank entry box, and buttons for "Browse" and "img."

Click "Browse"
Screen changes to your pics program
Find your pic and click on it
Then click "open"
Screen changes back to message box with info appearing in the "blank" box
Then click "img"
Only the letters "img" in brackets appears inside the message to be posted (the pic itself does not appear)
Click "submit"
If everything's okay, pic will appear in the new post.
If not, some error message should appear on screen, such as the one I often get which says "you have screwed up and must re-size the pic."

Keep on keeping on trying. :)

Post edited by: Patton, at: 2007/12/23 11:57

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
23 Dec 2007 09:50 #186162 by hannah1
I tried to resize , but when I do the file type becomes a "bmp" type , instead of a jpeg , which won't post . My girlfriend didn't have time to rescue me and fix it this morning . I'll figure it out later .

More
23 Dec 2007 10:27 #186168 by hannah1

Post edited by: hannah1, at: 2007/12/23 22:24

More
23 Dec 2007 12:15 #186174 by Aric
Replied by Aric on topic Stainless megaphone ???
If your pic is on photobucket just copy the IMG link and paste it directly in the text box, then when it pastes the code it should start with [img] http: ..... whatever. BEFORE you submit your post go back to the code and at the beginning change [img] ti [img SIZE=575] and then submit. If that is too confusing read thread on pic resizing and posting in the Non-Technical Forum under About This Site and the first link is just for pic's and such.

Welcome!

More
23 Dec 2007 13:11 #186176 by Patton
One way to change a picture from non-jpeg into jpeg is by opening the picture in the Paint program and using the Paint program to save the picture as a jpeg.

Here's the step by step.

Find the picture wherever it's stored in your computer. (I use thumbnails to actually see the pictures rather than relying on text file names).

Point to the desired picture and right click -- a menu appears.

Point to Open With -- a side menu appears showing Paint (and other programs).

Left click Paint -- this opens the picture in the Paint program.

Everything so far is just to open the picture in the Paint program.

Being now in the Paint program (and seeing the picture), left click File (and a menu drops down).

Left click Save As.

Find Jpeg on the list and left click Jpeg.

Left click Save.

Then exit Paint

The newly created and saved Jpeg version of the same picture should now be stored on your computer as an additional Jpeg picture.

There may be easier and better ways to change a picture into jpeg, but this works for me. :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
23 Dec 2007 17:08 #186220 by hannah1
i163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/mg15_photos/DSC00754.jpg

i163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/mg15_photos/DSC00755.jpg

i163.photobucket.com/albums/t289/mg15_photos/DSC00750.jpg

These links actually will work . For my next trick I will figure out how to post pics . Thanks for the tips .

While viewing photo you should get an option to expand picture to full size . You can then zoom-in on header .

Post edited by: hannah1, at: 2007/12/23 20:18

More
23 Dec 2007 18:26 #186227 by Aric
Replied by Aric on topic Stainless megaphone ???
That is a nice looking ride! Somebody put some money into it before ( I presume ) you got it. While some looks a little raw, all in all it's pretty nice! I could be mistaken but those headers look to be chrome. Even if not someone has done most of the hard work for you and you could probably switch the muffler to any standard slip-on you choose. It would seem to be a pretty straight forward swap. Someone wiser than me may have another opinion.
How does it ride?
Where are the pods?
Can anybody tell what carbs those are 'cause they aren't what's on mine?
Love thase rims and rearset setups. Somebody sacrificed another bike for those, as well as a whole new front end.
Hope you got a deal Hannah!
Any idea what year it is so we can help identify?