Clutch Lever

More
17 Nov 2007 09:44 #181462 by screwfox
Clutch Lever was created by screwfox
Hi

Before I got the bike (83 KZ550 Spectre F1) , it has had straight handlebars fitted and as such, the Clutch cable is too long. I have re-routed it as best I can, to remove any bad bends, but the Clutch Lever is way to stiff. It makes changing gear a real hassle. I've tried adjusting it, but with no joy.

In the UK, there is a similar bike - the GT 550 - which has straight handlebars, i'm wondering if the clutch cable from one of these would suffice. (although I've noticed that at the end of the cable is a curved piece of metal and there isn't one on my Kz 550). I don't want the replacement cable for the KZ as it will be too long. Any ideas? Are there any other bikes I could swap the cable from?

Thanks

screwfox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
17 Nov 2007 10:24 #181466 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Clutch Lever
I'd suggest contacting Motion Pro Cables here in the states, since they can reproduce cables at desired lengths with the correct end fittings for just about any bike.

I recently inquired on 5" longer cables for my ZN700, and the prices were better than fair IMHO.
Since they'd never made "custom" cables for my model before, they stated it was going to be slightly higher priced (US$30 + shipping) than what other more popular "custom" cables cost. Even with shipping though, that's quite a bit cheaper than what a standard OEM cable costs for my bike. :)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.