ruined cylinder

More
30 Sep 2007 18:40 #173822 by agawam
ruined cylinder was created by agawam
I gave my 750B cylinder to a cycle shop along with new pistons and waited for a week or so then called to see if it was done, the guy tells me there was a mishap and somehow the bore job was crooked but it would be fixed if I brought him another set of bigger pistons. I told him that those pistons are very hard to find, he said he knew that cause he looked them up and they are unavailable and he would try to find me another cylinder, I told him I had one and broght it to him, should I have to pay the full price for the bore job like he thinks ? or should I get something for the ruined cylinder scince I paid for the other one ? I see an argument comming

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2007 18:45 #173825 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic ruined cylinder
He should at least knock off the cost of a cylinder and knock off the price for the boring of at least one hole.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
30 Sep 2007 18:47 #173827 by steell
Replied by steell on topic ruined cylinder
He should deduct the cost of the cylinder from the price, or do the bore and hone for free.

That's what I would expect anyway.

Although if he bored the first cylinder crooked, I wouldn't let him touch another one.

KD9JUR

More
30 Sep 2007 18:55 #173831 by gpzrox
Replied by gpzrox on topic ruined cylinder
I think that just one bore job should be paid for. If the other cylinder is the problem, than I could see him replacing it with another usable cylinder. In most businesses, this comes from different "budgets", for lack of a better term, and makes for easier accounting. If he wants you to pay for two bore jobs, then I can see a problem.

That being said, my mechanic sends all of his work out to be done by people with alot of money in the proper jigs, much like I think APE here has.

He does have a cylinder bore, and has used it lots, but finds it is worth the money/time to use a professional machine shop that specializes in motorcycles.

84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.