1400cc conversion

More
30 Sep 2007 13:56 #173750 by steell
Replied by steell on topic 1400cc conversion
Since you are buying the parts from Kz Zone (APE), you really ought to give Jay a call, since he owns the place and knows his parts better than anyone :)

I think he will be happy to answer your questions, and you can believe what he says, I don't think anyone else has the experience he has in building big block KZ's.

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/09/30 16:58

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Sep 2007 14:02 #173754 by requiem
Replied by requiem on topic 1400cc conversion
hey now, there's a man who's using his head! i tried ringing up there, they're not open today. i'll call them tomorrow.

further questioning though - i don't mind avoiding rush hour, but i do want to be able to stop at a stoplight without worrying about burning my motor to a crisp. what numbers am i looking at to stay in that range of streetability?

Post edited by: requiem, at: 2007/09/30 17:08

More
02 Oct 2007 12:32 #174173 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic 1400cc conversion
id say order 8:1 pistons from ape and mill your head enough to bring it up to around 9:1 compression.the majoritry of the heating problems come from the lack of cooling passages between cylinders on a bigblock;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
02 Oct 2007 12:42 #174174 by requiem
Replied by requiem on topic 1400cc conversion
good idea - it's a delicate ballance, hp and usability. i want to be able to drive the bitch like a bat out of hell, but damn, don't burn up on me lol!

More
02 Oct 2007 18:19 #174249 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic 1400cc conversion
i dont think your going to be able to driv any aftermarket block like a bat out of hell any longer than a quarter mile at a time, unless you have fans blowing on it from both sides and low compression with mild cams, but then your just wasting money on the aftermarket lable on the side, a 1260 cammed, crammed and carbed woulda been a better street choice.

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!