Clutch adjustment kz650 B1

More
20 Sep 2007 12:32 #171796 by Cactus
Clutch adjustment kz650 B1 was created by Cactus
Bonjour guys, anyone watching the world rugby? The British have no chance but France is doing ok, won't win in my mind tho'...

Here's a dumb post as I just finished doing this and thought it may help some.

Take off small clutch cover, 2 bolts off, slacken 12mm hex nut, at clutch lever slacken the big wheel nut and screw up the little adjuster nut till it's nearly home but leave 1-2mm, then screw up the long adjuster nut (on one of the frame down tubes by the exhaust pipe) till it's fairly close to home 05-15mm i'd say, THEN turn out one or two turns the cluth adjuster SCREW, then turn it IN until it just bites (here's where I do it a bit differntly than the manual), now HOLD the position and with your 6 or 12 pan 12mm hex spanner tighten the clutch bolt. Now check at the clutch handle, tighten the big round blocking nut and start engine and see if it runs ok in neutral, then put into 1st and see what the lever pull is to the clutch release. If happy take a test ride. I found this way I get a much better and slicker action at the lever, only need to pull it in a little and ready to change gear, not as snicky as on the ninja 636 but way better than spinning the screw back out 2 turns.

That's my 20centimes of euros worth of knowledge. Happy travels, get the knee down...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2007 13:23 #172027 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Clutch adjustment kz650 B1
Hey Cactus! Good to hear from you. B)
How you doing?

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.