KZ750 Ltd Cylinder head cover

More
13 Sep 2007 15:16 #170395 by Tommotbird
KZ750 Ltd Cylinder head cover was created by Tommotbird
Hi I've been reading Kojaycats recent question and all the answers from you guys.
I have managed to find two replacement cylinder head covers for my 1981 Kz750 Ltd but do not know which one I should fit (I bought the bike as a non runner but it is in pretty good condition having only done 10,000 miles. It had Mikuni carbs with an accelerator pump fitted and the cylinder head cover is cracked with a piece missing from it like a hole. I have replaced the carbs with the correct ones for a KZ750. My choice is do I fit the cover which has the breathers and reed valves but does not have the rubber chain guide in the top- it doesnt have the little pegs to push it on to or do I fit the other cover that I have which does not have all the breather stuff but does have the rubber chain guide. Could I stick the rubber chain guide into the first one with some sort of adhesive?
Tommo

Triumph Thunderbird Sport
Triumph Legend
Lambretta SX150
Moto Guzzi V11 Sport
1981 KZ650CSR HI
KZ1100 A2 x 4
Z1 Classic
KZ1000 LTD K1 1981
KZ750 LTD H2 x 4
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2007 18:58 #170428 by steell
Replied by steell on topic KZ750 Ltd Cylinder head cover
Use the one with no breather but with the cam chain slipper guide in it, then plug the holes in the head that go into the exhaust ports with epoxy. I used QuickSteel (or something like that.

If you don't plug the holes then you will have four exhaust leaks.

I wouldn't try and use any kind of adhexive to fasten that guide to the cover, if it came loose all kinds of nasty (expensive) stuff could happen.

Or just send me the cover with the guide and no breathers and I'll send you one with the guide and breathers :)

It must be a Canadian or other foreign model cover, all US models with the cam chain guide in the cover had the emission ports.

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.