ENGINE PAINT

More
10 Jan 2006 02:30 #17017 by gpzrox
Replied by gpzrox on topic ENGINE PAINT
"Armor All" is a name brand. There are tons of other brands that will do like things. If you have paint chips, it won't help -- it will just make the paint that you have shinier and look more clean.

Car drivers use it on their dashboards, bumpers, and tires. It comes in a spray bottle, and when it comes out, it looks milky white. It gives the parts that are black a "new" gloss look.

Note: do not use it on your tires or controls or seat. Too slippery.

I have used it on my motor, and my cables, and my rear fender and fairing liner for lots of years.

Off topic: for my paint, I have used lemon Pledge: a furniture polish, basically a very light wax before these so called "minute detailers" came out. Works as well, in my opinion.

84 GPZ750. Modded with stock Kawasaki parts: ZR-7 shock, ZX-6 coils, GPZ1100 throttle, EN454 brake, GPZ900 fuse box, etc. and non stock: Ken Sears mirrors, K&N filter, Pirelli Sport Demons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2006 05:46 #17034 by kawadruida
Replied by kawadruida on topic ENGINE PAINT
Many thanks for your concern and answers. I think that your Armor-All is very similar to our Autopolish brand. Anyway, I´ll try it in the engine as it is today, just to check if it works.

Will keep you posted about progress on my bike: first the top end gaskets, then the engine paint, finally bike paint and new upholstery. If anyone has good size pics of the silver `84 Gpz550, they will be most aprreciated, cause I have to replicate the decals.

Cheers.

More
11 Jan 2006 22:38 #17387 by xr350guy
Replied by xr350guy on topic ENGINE PAINT
Ive used plasti-cote semi gloss black on three of my motorcycle engines before. The heat never bothers it, and it looks really good too. I'll post a pic of my bike wiht this paint on it. Actually, the whole bike is painted in it because im goin for a "rat bike" look. The paint is cheap and can be found at cronie, lordco and probly many other automotive stores.