What is the best \"MOTOR OIL\" KZ100 1980LTD?

More
22 Aug 2007 20:46 #165769 by themachine
SHELL ROTELLA diesil oil!!!

has the highest zinc and phosphorus levels of any oil out there, more anti-wear additives as well, sure it will clog a catalitic converter but your engine will run forever.

my uncle had an old ford pickup he bought from the origonal owner and the guy he got it from stated "i'v always ran castrol gtx in it" my uncle pulled a valve cover to adjust the valves and there was sludge and flakes of crap all over the engine, and as a result at 80k it developed a crank knock.

i run rotella 15w 40 in my kawi and i beat the piss out of it, its also cheaper than most "racing" oils too so you can afford to change it out more often.

my uncle runs 20w50 rotella in his 65 biscayne drag car with a 13:1 406 with a solid lifter cam and i beat the piss outta that too :woohoo:

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2007 20:56 #165772 by austin3119
Machine,

That's not correct. Rotella has changed over to the CJ formula. If you have the old CI stuff then the levels are much higher. Chevron Delo diesel oil still has relatively high concentrations of zddp though. I think the zinc comes in at .12

By the way, you'll know if you have the new Rotella formula if the bottle has the rainbow on it.

If anyone is concerned about getting higher amounts of zddp than is allowed under new forumulations , as a general rule you can either go with motorcycle specific oil , some diesel oils, or racing oils that don't have set limits on the amounts of these additives.

You can also grab a bottle of the red STP additive, GM EOS, or others and increase amounts that way.

Just my .02

Post edited by: austin3119, at: 2007/08/23 00:14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.