another racing engine

More
17 Aug 2007 19:43 #164539 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic another racing engine
I had the same problem once. Turned out that one of the carb boot clamps had spun a little and the screw was pushing on the throttle screws. This was a set of 34s but you might check it out anyway. Always start with the easy stuff and work your way to the hard (and expensive) stuff. While it is running you can spray some starter fluid on the carb boots, airbox boots and vacuum caps to see if you hear any change.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• riverroad
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1980 1000LTD B4
More
18 Aug 2007 16:39 #164699 by riverroad
Replied by riverroad on topic another racing engine
Your right dragster. My Clymers has two different spark plug gaps. One for my bike and one for the Z1R. I picked the wrong one.
Well I removed the hoses and crap from the air suction system, plugged all the holes with new caps, ran it and sprayed WD-40 everywhere and noted no changes in idle speed. Idles a little better at around 2000rpm, so it ain't quite fixed yet.
But I have had a minor gas leak and it appears to be coming from either the acceleratore pump or the vacuum sensor diaphram. Too much crud to tell.
Is it possible for a blown vacuum sensor diaphram to leak fuel? Or is it possible for a blown accelerator pump diaphram to cause a vacuum leak?
Either way it looks like I need to pull the carbs and service them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.