KZ750 B3 Carb Boots Help

More
14 Aug 2007 09:44 #163814 by jchunt
KZ750 B3 Carb Boots Help was created by jchunt
Hello All.

I need help finding airbox/carb boots for my 78 kz750. I've been on e-bay, z1enterprises, cycle-parts, bikebandit, ronayers. Can't find these anywhere. If anyone has some good condition used ones laying around or if they can suggest an alternative, I would really appreciate it. Thanks all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2007 09:54 #163816 by JR
Replied by JR on topic KZ750 B3 Carb Boots Help
Saw a post here recently where someone had used lenghts of either a bicycle or motorcycle inner tube and some hose clamps. Once the guy found the approx right diameter the rest was easy. Also remember where someone use flexible rubber tubing from the plumbing department at Home Depot. This is probably a worst case scenario if one of the twin owners cant help.
Welcome to the site and good luck.

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
14 Aug 2007 10:08 #163819 by jchunt
Replied by jchunt on topic KZ750 B3 Carb Boots Help
I appreciate the quick response. I wanted to try and stay stock, but like you said, worst case scenario. I saw that you have pods on your bike. Do you suggest switching to those?

More
14 Aug 2007 10:52 #163827 by JR
Replied by JR on topic KZ750 B3 Carb Boots Help
I was lucky in that the previous owner went through all the trials and tribulations of rejetting the carbs which can be a royal PITA. I would'nt know where to start with a 750 twin. If I were you I would try to keep the stock airbox if at all possible. While I hav'nt had any problems with the pods I do hear others complain about performance in the rain or in crosswinds.

There are a couple of 750 twin members here who should be along later and I'm sure they will have some helpfull suggestions.

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

• Biquetoast
  • User
  • King Jeremy The Wicked
More
14 Aug 2007 12:35 #163849 by Biquetoast
Replied by Biquetoast on topic KZ750 B3 Carb Boots Help
Jeez... I sorta scraped around eBay and the friend network until I found some. When those rubbers go bad, they *really* go bad.

I like the idea of the tube though, that sounds pretty clever. Sort of like a condom around the cracked stock ones? I like that because it's not a liquid or something that will break into pieces and fly into the carbs...

I'm one of those people that wants to do pods, but prefers the 'box....

(1.) '75/'76 KZ400D - Commuter
(2.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(3.) '78 KZ750B3 Twin - Commuter
(4.) '75 KZ400D - Sold
kz750twins.com