engine

• FireFighterRon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Aug 2007 17:44 #163665 by FireFighterRon
engine was created by FireFighterRon
my engine has alot of rust and looks very bad.. i tryed everything to clean it and make it look like new.. but some parts come out really clean while some are dulll... its starting to look worce... any idea's.... should i paint the engine, and if so what color will be best ?

Instructions for riding a KZ1100 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch, put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5)VERY IMPORTANT!!HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin and an evil smile resembling the"Joker"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FireFighterRon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Aug 2007 17:54 #163668 by FireFighterRon
Replied by FireFighterRon on topic engine
his is the engine

Instructions for riding a KZ1100 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch, put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5)VERY IMPORTANT!!HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin and an evil smile resembling the"Joker"
Attachments:

More
13 Aug 2007 19:49 #163692 by Makarth
Replied by Makarth on topic engine
get it bead blasted or soda blasted. Emery cloth can work wonders too and some high grit sand paper. Actually now that im writing this brass wire brushes can clean aluminum pretty good with out making deep scars. Be careful using some automotive cleaners, "power purple" will eat the aluminum (i used it to clean aluminum before but its dangerous and you have to rinse heavily)

i feel dumb now that i found this in paint and body work

Post edited by: Makarth, at: 2007/08/13 23:06

1977 kz1000 - Megasquirt project @ 40% wiring, plenum, and exhaust<--(done!)

More
14 Aug 2007 03:10 #163732 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic engine
change the plugs and get a stainless bolt kit off of ebay, then use some mothers aluminium polish on a toothbrush to get in the hard to reach areas.

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
14 Aug 2007 04:38 #163744 by Snakebyte
Replied by Snakebyte on topic engine
Looks to be all you need is a bolt kit , plugs and some small screws for your carbs. As for if you have corrosion on the block I would get radiator cleaner made by permatex, put it in a sprayer and spray the engine it will start to foam-up. Dont let it sit on the engine for more then two minutes. rinse very well after aplication. When you think its rinsed off welll rinse some more, and with a brush. The radiator clean contains hydrocloric acid wich will eat away loose corrosion on the block. I do this too all my engines and they come out looking brand new. After it dries I paint the engine.

If your plugs are old enough to get rust on them, well I dont know what to think:blink: :S :dry:
Might want to lube the advancer cause it looks like there has been no maintenence on the bike:dry: