What would you do with a spare engine for your bike?

More
06 Aug 2007 17:21 #162121 by jp650sr
Ok, so i just bought my bike, and the guy i bought it from had done some work on it. He had the original exhaust, a box full of gaskets and and what not, as well as an entire engine block. So the question is... what would you do with one? True, a lot of people have ideas for their bikes, but sometimes the amount of downtime from riding it would take to finish a project makes people not want to mess with it. so... if you could work on your bikes engine, at an easy pace, and still go riding without having to finish first, what kinds of things would you do?? im just dying to tear that thing apart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Aug 2007 17:46 #162127 by Qdude
Why not just slowly build yourself another engine on that extra block that you have. You could take your time. Get some oversized pistons & whatnot.

Then you would not have to have all of the down time. You could just keep riding in the meantime.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

More
06 Aug 2007 17:54 #162129 by tjettim
I would have a stock or near stock motor
I could swap in if my hopped up motor failed.
Then I would have more time to rebuild it.
Two souped up motors would be expensive and
could possibly be down simultaniously.

More
06 Aug 2007 18:02 #162131 by Mark Wing
Since I already have a hopped up motor I would build a turbo motor. They can drive around like stock till you get it on.
Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
06 Aug 2007 20:05 #162158 by steell
Hmmm, I think I have 5-6 spare 750 twin motors, and 3-4 spare 750 four motors :)

It's not the lack of a spare motor that's the problem, it's just that right now I have neither the time nor the $$ to do anything to them.

Things change though :)

Be careful or you'll end up like me, put the bike together then after one ride you decide you don't like a few things about it, so tear it all apart again :D

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/08/06 23:08

KD9JUR

More
07 Aug 2007 19:30 #162366 by jp650sr
Yea, i definitely thought about that, maybe some upgraded pistons, rods, maybe radical cams, it could be fun to see what i could come up with. However, money would be a problem, but thats what great about the situation, you can just spend it when it comes and not be pressed to get the thing back together.