Engine just STOPPED????

More
02 Aug 2007 15:35 #161404 by Wizzard
Replied by Wizzard on topic Engine just STOPPED????
Haven't tryed to move it that way yet (its way to hot in my LITTLE shed with a TIN non insulated roof) valves that I can see 1 exaust valve and 3s intake valve look ok as far as I can tell. A bike shop owner buddy of mine said to check the clutch and see if anything s wrong in there. I'm hopping it cooler tomorrow night after dark so I can get in the shed with out passing out and checking all the ideas everyone is helping me with. Thanks for the help and keep it coming.;)

1977 KZ 1000
4-1 Headder
K&N filter
530 Chain & Sprokets
Rear Air Shocks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2007 16:11 #161415 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Engine just STOPPED????
drain the oil and pull the filter, see if there is a bunch of metal in the pan or the filter, smell the oil to see if it has a burn smell to it.

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
08 Apr 2008 12:16 #205050 by Wizzard
Replied by Wizzard on topic Engine just STOPPED????
Well I found out the problem someone had a tensioner come apart and did not bother to go after the rubber part with the metal on it and my timming gear on the crank picked it up and it stuck to the gear and through my timming out and bent all 4 intake valves. so I now have it fixed and all back together and now it wont run the best I have hed is 2 cylinders I have re timed the hole engine many times, have spark at all 4 plugs and gas but won't run? Totaly lost:dry: :blink: :unsure: :(

1977 KZ 1000
4-1 Headder
K&N filter
530 Chain & Sprokets
Rear Air Shocks