Help Me' OH Great KZ repair GODs.\"

More
21 Jul 2007 15:18 #158481 by thom58
I have a 83 KZ750 L3 Sport. I was riding along enjoying
My bike and the day. Suddenly a shop rag blew out of the truck in front of me. It got cought in my chain run up to my front sprocket locking my rear up and jaming itself in my case saver...(that was the last ride you the year for me) It ended up ripping the case saver out of the plate it was bolted to and breaking the end od the clutch off.I got the new parts and have it back together But I have no clutch movement I think I have the part that the clutch rod goes into put together wrong. And I need to know how to adjust the clutch cable. If i could get an exploded view of the part that moves the clutch rod.that may do it for me. I have been reading all the posts on this board people that help her seem to really have it on the ball...
Thanks guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2007 15:44 #158485 by The Milkman
Replied by The Milkman on topic Help Me' OH Great KZ repair GODs."
Wow, I've never heard of that happening before. Glad, you didn't get into an accident with the wheel lock and sorry to hear about the bike but it could have been way worse.
I was checking the buykawasaki site for you but couldn't see your bike listed and you entered it.
Here is the link though, you may be able to find it. Mouse over "owner info" on the left side of the screen and select "parts diagrahms" the when that page opens select the infor for you bike and see if you can find the diagram.
Ride safe.

Click here

Ok, on the link I entered just click on the continue button beside "motocycles"

Post edited by: The Milkman, at: 2007/07/21 18:45

78 650-C2, Stock engine, Jardine 4-2 Exh., 17-38 sprockets, dyna ignition and coils, coil wiring mod, carb mod.

More
21 Jul 2007 15:47 #158487 by floridamba
Replied by floridamba on topic Help Me' OH Great KZ repair GODs.\"
You may have bent the clutch pushrod or if it was taken out, the ball bearing in the middle may have been lost.

www.bikebandit.com also has an OEM section with nice views of older bikes.

Keep us posted.

More
21 Jul 2007 17:36 #158511 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Help Me' OH Great KZ repair GODs.\"
It's listed as "750 Sports" :)

KD9JUR

More
21 Jul 2007 18:45 #158519 by floridamba
Replied by floridamba on topic Help Me' OH Great KZ repair GODs.\"
The clutch mechanism lives in your sprocket cover and pushes the long rod against the ball bearing (part number 600?) and the mushroom-shaped part (13168?). I can't see the parts too good.

If the rod and ball bearing are in place, and the seal is ok, put the cover on and secure it tightly. It should line up on the pushrod.

Loosen the nut and turn the screw in the outside adjuster until it gets snug, then back off about a half-turn. TIghten the nut while holding the screw. You should be ok there, though you may have to adjust the cable.

If you are not getting clutch action at that point then maybe something more was damaged, maybe the inside of the sprocket cover - the clutch actuating mechanism? It's a big nylon block held in by two small bolts and has a metal screw plug that goes in and out when the cable pulls the bellcrank.

Hope this helps.