engine quit

More
17 Jul 2007 18:09 #157564 by agawam
engine quit was created by agawam
well after fixing a hoard of eletrical problems and the bike running good I went and registered it for the road, for some reason the bike would have none of it and decided to blow up instead, I guess it was alergic to the license plste, at any rate it will or did run for a couple of minutes and shuts off and its blowing oil out the head gasket but still seems to have compression, Oh well work on the next one till I get time for the twin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2007 18:23 #157568 by Z1R rider
Replied by Z1R rider on topic engine quit
:pinch: I just hate it when that happens!!:angry:

sorry to hear :(

1978 KZ1000, Z1R
1999 250 Ninja race bike
2013 WR250F, fun in the dirt

More
17 Jul 2007 19:09 #157583 by snorules
Replied by snorules on topic engine quit
Wow, sorry to hear that. My 80 KZ550C did almost the same thing after a year and a half restoration. Got it running good finally, (not much $ so I had to do it a little at a time),and took a 20 mile shakedown cruise. Then I made it legal (tags and insurance). As soon as I put the plate on, I went to go for a ride....nope, wouldn't start. Ended up being a pickup coil, but with my recent marriage I had no $ to fix it. It sat for 2 months, I scratched and saved (even cut down on my cigarettes), and finally got it running 1 week ago. Good luck on getting yours going again, I think sometimes these bikes don't know what to do after so many years idle.

1980 KZ550C (daily rider)
1981 KZ1000J (bagger project in progress)
1981 GS1100 (future dragbike)
1978 Z1R (not mine yet, but trying to work out a deal to acquire it).