1974 Kawasaki Z1 900 Stator Cover (CHROME)

More
17 Jul 2007 06:27 #157385 by Marc
I am in need of a chrome stator cover for a 1974 Kawasaki Z1 900. I need the cover to be in "Like New" or New condition and it has to be chromed. I am willing to pay money but I also have many KZ and GSXR parts if anyone is in need. I hope someone out there can help.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2007 12:46 #157486 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic 1974 Kawasaki Z1 900 Stator Cover (CHROME)
Hi Mark... if I wanted chrome engine covers, I would use a spare (I have got a few) or buy one from eBay and get a chrome shop to chrome it. The local place in San Antonio I use doesn't chrome aluminum well... it peels pretty easily as they are a bumper shop. They can do steel great but aluminum isn't their strong point. I guess if I didn't know of a shop (and I don't), I would call my friend Alan at the Lonestar Motorcycle Museum in Vanderpool or better ride over on a Sunday. He uses a chrome shop in the Metroplex area (Dallas/Ft Worth) that is supposed to be one of the best in the country for chroming aluminum and send the part off to whomever he recommended. He is a leading Brit bike restorer in the world and knows these places. I don't usually muck around with chrome too much... I am not a restorer and end up blasting and powder coating whatever I find on a bike that is rusty...

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
17 Jul 2007 12:51 #157489 by ltdrider
Replied by ltdrider on topic 1974 Kawasaki Z1 900 Stator Cover (CHROME)
Welcome to the site, Marc.
OK, you got my attention with your request for chrome. You've got a Z1, but it's not going to be a straight restoration, because the covers weren't originally chromed, just polished and clear-coated.
So, care to post a pic or two of your project?

'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

More
19 Jul 2007 05:54 #157898 by Marc
Thank you for the welcome. The project is sort of a pro-steet or what we used to call a drag bike. It's stretched but not too long and also rigid. Chrome plating is not cheap and I was not happy with the company I used. I just have the stator cover left to have chromed or just replace it with an already chromed piece. If anyone can help...great

Post edited by: Marc, at: 2007/07/19 08:57
Attachments:

More
19 Jul 2007 05:55 #157899 by Marc
Thank you for the welcome. The project is sort of a pro-steet or what we used to call a drag bike. It's stretched but not too long and also rigid. Chrome plating is not cheap and I was not happy with the company I used. I just have the stator cover left to have chromed or just replace it with an already chromed piece. If anyone can help...great