Header collars

More
06 Jul 2007 19:58 #155208 by liliysdad
Header collars was created by liliysdad
I am installing a Supertrapp 4-1 header on my 94 KZ100P. When I put the collars on the exhaust, and tightened the flanges up, it appears as though the collars are too short, failing to seal the gaskets. Is this something common? What collars do I need to remedy this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2007 06:01 #155285 by FloridaBiker
Replied by FloridaBiker on topic Header collars
By collars do you mean the 2 semi circle pieces per pipe?

If so, the most likely cause is the collars are in backwards.

Z1 Enterprises offers a Yamaha exhaust gasket which works much better than the Kaw part, which they also sell.

More
07 Jul 2007 07:00 #155289 by barney
Replied by barney on topic Header collars
If the collers are too short you may need taller ones. I had to bug the local Kawi dealers parts guy to bring in a couple of different sets till I found the right ones. If you find this is the case,let me know and I'll find out what I ended up using.

More
07 Jul 2007 07:27 #155291 by liliysdad
Replied by liliysdad on topic Header collars
Yes, I am referring to the two semi-circle clips. They may be in backwards, but I dont think so. I am placing the larger, flared end toward the flange, narrow end toward the gasket. I am already using the Yamaha gaskets from Z1.

If you dont mid, I would like the part number and application for the longer collars.

More
07 Jul 2007 07:47 #155293 by barney
Replied by barney on topic Header collars
Not sure about the application(77 KZ1000 I think).They are part #92027-1457 X 8 peices. You can cross reference these on Kawasaki.com,click owner info, then click Parts diagrams.