Thanks Vance & Hines!!!!

More
30 Jun 2007 09:12 #153876 by kawtoy
Thanks Vance & Hines!!!! was created by kawtoy
I have a V&H Sidewinder PCO race header for my 1000. It has spiggots that attach to the head and then the header slides into the spiggots and is help on by 4 springs. I have been using some hardware store springs but they are not strong enough. I called V&H to see how much they were. Long story short they are sending me a set for FREE. I know they are not very expensive but it is still cool that they are hooking me up. So total cost so far is
Header $15+$15 shipping on ebay
V&H megaphone new in box $80
Springs FREE
Total $110 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best part is that I do not have to take the header off the change my oil anymore. I should not have to buy exhaust gaskets again because the spiggots will never have to come off. It sounds great too. Now I just have to find a decent priced brake pedal to clear the pipe :S

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2007 10:02 #153886 by udder
Replied by udder on topic Thanks Vance & Hines!!!!
got any pics?

More
30 Jun 2007 10:50 #153893 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Thanks Vance & Hines!!!!
Just these that I posted when I first got the header. No pics with the pipe yet but I will get some soon, maybe some sound as well. tinyurl.com/3bydc2

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
30 Jun 2007 14:10 #153916 by kaw-62046
Replied by kaw-62046 on topic Thanks Vance & Hines!!!!
Did the header come from ILL. ? my frend down the street, sold one like it on E-bay.Looks good on your bike.

More
30 Jun 2007 16:24 #153945 by kawtoy
Sure did. It came from a guy named Bobby in Alhambra, IL. It had a spot on the bottom that was welded up. If it is your friends tell him it works great. I can't decide if I am going to put exhaust wrap on it or not. I might roll with the chrome for a while and see how I like it.

More
02 Jul 2007 04:32 #154172 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Thanks Vance & Hines!!!!
I made my own rear brake pedal. It ain too pretty, but wadda ya want for .37 cents?

Post edited by: donthekawguy, at: 2007/07/02 07:35

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125
Attachments:

More
02 Jul 2007 10:41 #154240 by kawtoy
I saw your pedal. Looks like just the ticket. I also saw that you had the stock pegs on there. Do they not hit your pipe. There is no way I can use the stock pegs in their stock location. I need to move them at least an inch up to clean the pipe. How did you solve this issue? What did you use to make your pedal?