what is insulation in baffle?

More
18 Jun 2007 14:34 #150644 by duncan
Replied by duncan on topic what is insulation in baffle?
kzwolfsr wrote:

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but we might as well solve our problems together, right guys? I went on the link you sent duncan and I am wondering if this baffle would be right for my bike. My 1000 has a vance & hines, I don't know what you would call it..... megaphone? I will show you what I have and what I am looking at

i couldn't find the model # of your exhaust on the V&H site. you might call V&H or redline to confirm the proper part:

www.redlinecycle.com/Exhaust%20-%20V&H%20Baffle.html

FWIW i did find this on the V&H site:

Q: Will your pipes work with the baffles removed?
A: We do not recommend the removal of the baffles due to the large loss in torque and midrange you will experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2007 16:23 #150669 by brich
Replied by brich on topic what is insulation in baffle?
awesome all .. thanks for the leads. I will just buy some off the DK site. My pipe is an HBE ... ever heard of it? No one has evidently. Got it off eBay. I dig the way it looks though.

I think i will just order any one of those repacking kits. Better then running nothing and it is impossible to find any info on this manufacturer.

thanks again
-b

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

More
18 Jun 2007 16:25 #150670 by brich
Replied by brich on topic what is insulation in baffle?
awesome all .. thanks for the leads. I will just buy some off the DK site. My pipe is an HBE ... ever heard of it? No one has evidently. Got it off eBay. I dig the way it looks though.

I think i will just order any one of those repacking kits. Better then running nothing and it is impossible to find any info on this manufacturer.

thanks again
-b

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.

More
18 Jun 2007 17:10 #150684 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic what is insulation in baffle?
i got some at my local bike dealer for like $15
but i also found i like the sound of the pipe with no packing and the baffel installed.
just right to sound nasty but keep the cops away.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.