specs and awaps

More
26 Dec 2005 19:42 #14694 by agawam
specs and awaps was created by agawam
I have three KZ 650 engines, one runs the other two came on parts bikes and one is siezed the other I'm not sure about(the kick start is broke)but they are just parts, I have the siezed engine off the frame and the cam cover off, I notice the exhaust cam seems higher lift and more duration than the intake,what are the specs or where can I get the specs for the cams, it looks like I can put an exhaust cam where the intake cam is for a bit more power. what would stock markings look like, this engine had a few non stock parts on it(barnett clutch, carb pods,mac header, oil cooler) and the cams look brand new, this is a 77 KZ engine and was dropped hard smahing the left side of engine(probably cause of siezure)so I need a place where I can get stock specs so I will know what I have, I was told it was highly modified but people say a lot of things. the other engine is a 78 SR had pods and barnett clutch, the runner is a 78SR also but bone stock, so far !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Dec 2005 23:01 #14706 by steell
Replied by steell on topic specs and awaps
I'm pretty sure the specs for the 650, 750 and 750 turbo cams are in a post in the archives, so you might try searching there. I think they were also listed in a post on Lorcans site ( www.750turbo.com ) but he lost a lot of posts in a major crash, so they may no longer be there.
If the exhaust cam has a tach drive gear on it then it is not a 83-85 GPz750 cam, although it may be a KZ750 cam (that has higher lift and greater duration than the 650).

KD9JUR

More
28 Dec 2005 13:19 #14895 by steell
Replied by steell on topic specs and awaps
This may help, the ZX-E has the same specs as the KZ650
p200.ezboard.com/f750turbofrm22.showMessage?topicID=601.topic

KD9JUR