Engine rebuild kits?

More
25 Dec 2005 18:05 #14602 by krustmobile
Engine rebuild kits? was created by krustmobile
Greetings.

I have a couple '82 KZ750 N1 Spectres (see 'em at www.ratpackcycles.com , I'm skrapmetal). One is a project, the other just started running really badly. Both need rebuilds on the engines.

Does anyone have a good source for a rebuild kit for the KZ750-4 bikes? I'm thinking sleeves/rings/valve seats/valve seals, but I may need more parts. In the Tampa, FL area is good but anywhere will do.

Thanks in advance, y'all

Here's There Krustmobile's #2 cyl showing 80 psi compression. Oooo, bad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Dec 2005 18:19 #14603 by hydrolazer
Replied by hydrolazer on topic Engine rebuild kits?
might try www.redlinecycle.com..jim has a lot of kawi parts

\'79 kaw 1000 ltd

More
26 Dec 2005 11:23 #14665 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Engine rebuild kits?
There is no such thing as a "rebuild kit" for a motorcycle that I know of. Reason is that every rebuild generally requires SOME parts that are the same but others will be different. The primary rebuild question is whether the cylinder bore to piston clearance is within spec (to end rebuild). If it is, rings are the answer along with a cylinder head check out and clean up at a minimum. If the clearance is outside service spec, oversized pistons and cylinder boring are needed. You can't make one kit to fit all the scenarios since not only you may or may not need new pistons but your valve train may or may not need to be freshened with new parts and a valve job. Buy some measuring tools; digital caliper, micrometer and tee bore gauges at a minumum then call www.z1enterprises.com and order your parts from Jeff who is a member here. He has good prices and is honest.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
26 Dec 2005 12:19 #14670 by arobsum
Replied by arobsum on topic Engine rebuild kits?
wow. looks like you have your hands full! good luck.