Ignition Advancer

More
02 Jun 2007 11:13 #145694 by cafekz750
Ignition Advancer was created by cafekz750
I have been having difficulty with my KZ750H2 LTD idling. I have posted some questions related to this in the Carb forum this week.
This morning, I pulled the ignition advancer and inspected the movement. Everything appears to be fine except on the arms that swing out to advance the timing, there are "inserts" on the arms that contact the cylinder when the bike timing is not advanced. One of these was missing from one of the arms. What do these do? How would it effect the bike running?
Fortunately, I have a parts bike with a complete advancer that is currently visiting some WD-40. I am curious if the new advancer will help the idle.

1981 KZ750H2 - V&H 4-1 pipe, pods, jetted, clubmans, homebrew rearsets, 18" rear wheel and more.
Parting out a 1982 KZ750H3 to fund future projects
2 other non-Kawasaki motorcycles

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2007 13:06 #145708 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Ignition Advancer
If those little rubber pads are gone then the timing will be jittery (jump around a little) at idle. It will affect the timing a little, but not enough to notice unless you put a timing light on it.

That was my eperience on a 750 twin anyway.

KD9JUR

• wireman
  • Visitor
02 Jun 2007 16:33 #145754 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Ignition Advancer
they are bushings if im thinking of the right part;)

More
02 Jun 2007 17:35 #145761 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Ignition Advancer
On the 440/650/750/750 twins, there are real small rubber pads on the weights that rest on the cam of the timing advancer at full retard position. It seems like they are getting old and have a tendency to fall off now.

KD9JUR