crankcase breather filter

• tcbradbury98
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 May 2007 19:02 #144386 by tcbradbury98
crankcase breather filter was created by tcbradbury98
So I put pods on my bike and put a breather filter on the crankcase vent. I'm have a little oil blowby through the filter. Is it because the filter is so short? What has everyone else done with the crankcase breather when converting to pods? I figure that part of the issue is I may have put too much oil in when I changed it last week. Will drain and refill, but what has everyone else done? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tcbradbury98
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 May 2007 19:31 #144407 by tcbradbury98
Replied by tcbradbury98 on topic crankcase breather filter
Well I guess I should have searched a little more, I am gonna dreain and refill the oil and put an extension hose on the filter. Ideas are still welcome.

More
28 May 2007 19:51 #144412 by JR
Replied by JR on topic crankcase breather filter
I have K&N pods on the carbs and a little K&N crankcase filter right on the crankcase vent - no extension tube. No problem and no blow by.
Hopefully refilling the oil to the correct level will work for you and resolve the problem.

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

More
28 May 2007 21:47 #144437 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic crankcase breather filter
JR wrote:

I have K&N pods on the carbs and a little K&N crankcase filter right on the crankcase vent - no extension tube. No problem and no blow by.
Hopefully refilling the oil to the correct level will work for you and resolve the problem.

Ditto.B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
28 May 2007 23:18 #144449 by mrbreeze
Replied by mrbreeze on topic crankcase breather filter
You really don't need a filter on it... just take a foot (or so) of heater hose and run it down in front of the swingarm.

That way nothing can fall or drip in and nothing is going to splash bad enough to travel a foot (or so) up that small hose.

I have ran mine like that for years.

I did find a picture... it was actually of the oil cooler lines, but I think you can get the general idea.
Attachments: