Won't Idle and more?

More
24 May 2007 19:13 #143248 by 84kz700
Won't Idle and more? was created by 84kz700
Hi I just rebuilt my kz700 (put a 750 motor on it) and now it runs great but it won't idle.......but if you turn the idle up so it will idle (about 900 rpms) then when you give it gas it will stay reved up for a few seconds..... so I am guessing it is runing lean.... Now I cant "feel" any air leaks around the engine. But could the timing do this? My 700 stator wouldnt bolt properly to the 750 case but I managed to get the two bottom holes lined up and it is securley fastened but the top hole doesnt line up. Could this maybe make the timing "advanced" thus' causing the bike to run lean? Or one other thing that I am thinking may be causeing my problem is, I am useing my kz700 carbs with the original jets and everything, do you thinks these jets could maybe be to small for the 750 engine...
Well I am stumped and hopefully you guys can help!
sorry if this is confusing lol I have so much to say and it is hard to word it properly...

THANKS
BLAIR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2007 17:05 #143502 by 84kz700
Replied by 84kz700 on topic Won't Idle and more?
hmmm.... I just put a set of 750 carbs on instead of my 700 ones and still the same thing.....I guess I am now going to go check the valve clearance hmmmm I am stumped....

BLAIR:pinch: :S

More
25 May 2007 18:57 #143524 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Won't Idle and more?
I am thinking you have a vacum leak someplace, try to spray some wd 40 around the intake boots, also if you are trying to use the stock tach to set the idle you will not be accurate, the tachs tend to jump around a lot

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob