electric shifter

More
23 Dec 2005 16:14 #14316 by wireguy
electric shifter was created by wireguy
my local carb hero was telling me about a pushbutton shifter that uses an electric solenoid instead of compressed air to shift transmission,he said it has its own little computer brain that kills the ignition for a split second while it shifts.anybody heard anything about this system?ill see if i can get the name from him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2005 16:57 #14321 by wireguy
Replied by wireguy on topic electric shifter
i think he said it was made by pingle,does anybody know how to find their website?

More
23 Dec 2005 17:47 #14334 by hwms
Replied by hwms on topic electric shifter
I know some of the Goldwing riders use something like this but I do not know the make and/or source.
Harry

More
23 Dec 2005 18:01 #14337 by wireguy
i got on pingles website,theyre pretty proud of em $800.00 i think i can scrounge enough parts together for an airshifter for less than that,ive got a calfab swingarm with an airtank built into it i bought 20 yrs ago thats never been used i think thats the way im going!;)

More
23 Dec 2005 20:20 #14361 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic electric shifter
Wouldn't that cause a backfire at the shift?

More
23 Dec 2005 21:01 #14362 by RacerZ
Replied by RacerZ on topic electric shifter
www.holeshot.com/

"Holeshot Power Shifter 3" Check it out.

More
24 Dec 2005 09:36 #14392 by wireguy
dale walker isanother name i havent heard in a long time has built some really fast stuff over the years,did anybody notice the 9 second 1170 honda with the 29mm smoothbores?smaller carbs really do work!

More
24 Dec 2005 21:19 #14514 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic electric shifter
I saw something like this on OCC one night, the one where they made the yellow drag bike. I'm not sure if it was an electric or air shifter, but it did kill the ignition for a split second so the clutch didnt have to be used, and/or you didnt have to manually let off of the gas.

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
28 Dec 2005 17:31 #14930 by romzrx
Replied by romzrx on topic electric shifter
Check Dennis Kirk catalog page 512 universal electric shift kit $650. from Pingel.I preferred the air shifter its cheaper to built, a friend of mine has one on his BUSA and I used couple of times.You need to get a small air compressor with a small tank,pressure gauge, two switches and a small air piston (Bimba valve) and some electical parts that will cut your ignition off.

76 KZ900
79 KZ1300
82 KZ1000J
C10
C14
ZRX1200

• wireman
  • Visitor
30 Dec 2005 08:08 #15198 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic electric shifter
i have a cal-fab swingarm with an airtank built into it,but i was also thinking about using the frame tubes as an airtank.im trying to avoid using an air compressor takes up space and extra weight now that im not 126 anymore (getting closer to 206!haha)i want to keep this bike as light as possible!

More
30 Dec 2005 08:20 #15202 by kzcory
Replied by kzcory on topic electric shifter
You can use a large CO2 tank normall used for paintball guns. They last quite awhile and can be refilled.

• wireman
  • Visitor
08 Jan 2006 11:51 #16729 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic electric shifter
my local carb hero came up with a plan for an electric shifter but were still in the planning stages it will all be concealed down low without all the extra wiring or air lines of a regular shifter,in fact you wont even know its there!as soon as we get the first one figured out i get a picture posted of it!