water/alc injection for N2O?

More
18 May 2007 19:28 #141387 by 77KZ650
water/alc injection for N2O? was created by 77KZ650
since low compression/turbo is not an option, (damn different sized piston pins :P)im looking into other ideas for more hp. mostly just getting an idea of what to plan for. ill be thinking about big cams, and as much nitrous that is safe. how much more could i spray and still be safe with water/alc injection?
I live in Canada and every gas station has the blue windshield washer flius that is a 50 50 mix that is great for this. so availability is not a problem
810cc kz650 that will be fuel injected. estimated compression ratio of about 10.8:1 due to swapping 650/750 parts

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hardr0ck68
  • User
  • Who put the what in the where?
More
18 May 2007 20:51 #141401 by hardr0ck68
Replied by hardr0ck68 on topic water/alc injection for N2O?
Pull the crank, send it to falconi (sp) et it lightened and while there in there get have those turbo con rods swapped in OR see if thay will set you up with some of their con-rods...

I say you shouldent give up on the turbo, yeah a factory turbo bike is a better platform to start from; but in the end a busa would truly be a better platform...

Sorry i have been reading your threads for awhile and im intrested to see how this plays out for you.

1977 kz650 c1

bought it because I was told it would never run again...I like to prove people wrong.

More
18 May 2007 22:09 #141410 by steell
Replied by steell on topic water/alc injection for N2O?
There is a turbo'd KZ650 for sale in the Classifieds right now, so obviously it can be done.
I have nothing more than a basic knowledge of Nitrous systems and operation, so I can't be any help on that topic.

KD9JUR

More
18 May 2007 23:23 #141415 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic water/alc injection for N2O?
hardr0ck68 wrote:

Pull the crank, send it to falconi (sp) et it lightened and while there in there get have those turbo con rods swapped in OR see if thay will set you up with some of their con-rods...
I would love to, but i might need to win the lotto first:P ive looked around on their site, and im pretty sure i need a sponcer to use them, for now anyway...the 12 is getting most of my bike funds
I say you shouldent give up on the turbo, yeah a factory turbo bike is a better platform to start from; but in the end a busa would truly be a better platform...
i might build one in a few yrs when i have money just for the hell of it, all out turbo kz650 904cc intercooled water/alc injected fuel injected....that would be fun:evil: ... but in the end a what? a bugy? no way:sick: I have the best platform for a turbo bike now, my ZX12R. hopefully it will be seeing about 30psi next yr:evil:

Sorry i have been reading your threads for awhile and im intrested to see how this plays out for you.

01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
19 May 2007 09:59 #141482 by Lorcan
Replied by Lorcan on topic water/alc injection for N2O?
Water/alky injection won't do anything on a nitrous bike. It's only use, in my opinion, is to allow a little more boost on pump gas in a turbo application, and even that is debatable.

How much nitrous is safe? That's the question everyone asks and there is no real answer as every engine is different, fuels vary, and of course it depends how you use it. One thing I can tell you though, nitrous does not forgive mistakes, even small ones. Keep the fuelling on the safe side (12:1 or thereabouts), don't get greedy, maintain the system well and you should have a lot of fun.

760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

More
19 May 2007 10:20 #141493 by 77KZ650
thx Lorc I thought it would help avoid detonation with a lot of spray. Ill definatly be keeping it around 12:1 air fuel ratio. no point in going for economy (14.7) when you are WFO and need the motor to stay cool:P :woohoo:
I think ill plan for a 25-35 shot and see how that goes. who knows it might be fine with a 50:woohoo: :evil: :whistle: B)
I just wish it could be a hidden system like im going to build for my 12:whistle: :silly:

• wireman
  • Visitor
19 May 2007 10:34 #141501 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic water/alc injection for N2O?
77KZ650 wrote:

thx Lorc I thought it would help avoid detonation with a lot of spray. Ill definatly be keeping it around 12:1 air fuel ratio. no point in going for economy (14.7) when you are WFO and need the motor to stay cool:P :woohoo:
I think ill plan for a 25-35 shot and see how that goes. who knows it might be fine with a 50:woohoo: :evil: :whistle: B)
I just wish it could be a hidden system like im going to build for my 12:whistle: :silly:

hide a baby bottle under the seat;)

More
19 May 2007 10:52 #141510 by 77KZ650
wireman wrote:

hide a baby bottle under the seat;)

maybe a couple 10 oz'ers...but they wont last long enough:P Ill probably end up sticking a 2.5 pounder around the left passenger peg area:woohoo: