clutch

More
09 May 2007 08:28 #138523 by arswagger
clutch was created by arswagger
:unsure: I just replaced my clutch cable and can't seem to get it right. Is the feel of the lever going to be a little stiff at first cause its a new cable or what? Also i can't remember from before but while i have the clutch pulled in and the bike in 1st gear i can rock it back and forth and feel it hit the gears, is it supposed to do that? I can start it fine with the clutch pulled and it wont take off on me But even with the clutch lever pulled it is a pain to walk around. Any help would be apprectiated, Thanks. :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2007 11:48 #138582 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic clutch
You might want to put your bike year/model in your signature as well as your location. Without knowing the bike type, it is really hard to give generic advice. Plus, I didn't really understand much of what you were saying. Can you ask your question a different way?

Clutch pulled in with bike in 1st gear and rocking back and forth? Hitting the gears? Not sure what that all means.

You can start the bike and it won't take off? It is a pain to walk around? Walk around what? The bike won't take off?

Try your question a different way and perhaps I can help; just don't know what to say as I don't understand much said. Sorry.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
09 May 2007 12:02 #138586 by Robjb84
Replied by Robjb84 on topic clutch
If the bike has been sitting for a while, the clutch plate (?) can stick, so even in first gear with the clutch pulled in, it can be a little tough moving the bike around with your feet, if thats what you mean.

Get the bike warmed up and the oil flowing and it should smooth out. I think.