Maybe clutch adj.-finding neutral

More
29 Apr 2007 13:36 #135319 by CBerryment
Maybe clutch adj.-finding neutral was created by CBerryment
Got another mystery gremlin on my 77 kz750 twin. I adjusted the clutch. I works well.. beter than last season.. EXCEPT that finding neutral is a pain... in fact, many times I cant and have to kill it... Here is the strange thing, when it is running, no neutral... Turn off the engine, can find neutral like it was always there waiting for me!!! Whats this mean? THANKS CSB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2007 14:11 #135323 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Maybe clutch adj.-finding neutral
Sounds like You maybe DON'T have the clutch adjusted properly....possibly?:huh:

How much freeplay is there on the lever when You have it adjusted?Too much slack(freeplay)will cause this.
Have You adjusted it down at the clutch cover?

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
29 Apr 2007 15:07 #135340 by CBerryment
Replied by CBerryment on topic Maybe clutch adj.-finding neutral
Sandy:

I cede that I may not have adjusted it correctly :) I meant to say that it WORKS correctly in my view aside from the neutral problem :) Which is more a pain in the tuckus than anything else...

I have adjusted the clutch both on the handle and under the clutch cover. There does not seem to be much slack at all. there is a few millimeters. But then again, it had a lot more last season, so maybe I need to loosen her up...

Why would it be easier to find neutral with the engine off is my question though? It clicks right over neutral when running... I turn off the engine and click her up or down and the beautiful green lit pops right on...

More
30 Apr 2007 08:14 #135595 by CBerryment
Replied by CBerryment on topic Maybe clutch adj.-finding neutral
Got it. Just took a night to sleep on it.. got up and tweaked it a little... Next project: COIL MOD!!!! and new coil...