Sidewinder questions

More
27 Apr 2007 14:36 #134752 by kawtoy
Sidewinder questions was created by kawtoy
I just got a Vance & Hines sidewinder header off ebay. I put it on the bike withoutt he spiggots just to mock it up. First thing I notcied was that the brake pedal will not longer work. What are guys using for a pedal? Also wondering what pipe will work on it. I like the V&N megaphone. Do they have one made just for the sidewinder or are they kind of universal? Thanks

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2007 14:46 #134757 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic Sidewinder questions
we make them custom when we need them. shoot me a u2u for info

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.
Attachments:

More
28 Apr 2007 11:55 #134996 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Sidewinder questions
That is the same pipe I have except mine has spiggots that mount to the head and springs that holds the header on. Makes it a snap to take the pipe off. I like that brake pedal on your bike but $200 is way more than I was looking to spend. I think I will just make my own and powdercoat it so it looks halfway decent.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

More
28 Apr 2007 15:16 #135022 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic Sidewinder questions
now that you see what one looks like, fab up something similar, maybe use part of your old one. you might come up with something you like better, but the one pictured is a very nice piece

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
28 Apr 2007 15:31 #135027 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic Sidewinder questions
I think I will cut the pedal off and keep the base then bend some rod, brace it up and weld it back to the base. Should not be too hard. It will save me about $195 so that is good.